Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 26: ILLUSTRATE A SCENE FROM ANY BOOK, SHOW OR MOVIE-KNIGHT WINS!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 26: ILLUSTRATE A SCENE FROM ANY BOOK, SHOW OR MOVIE-KNIGHT WINS!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 26: ILLUSTRATE A SCENE FROM ANY BOOK, SHOW OR MOVIE-KNIGHT WINS!!

Brett Barkley
Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Knight – CONGRATULATIONS, brother! Ok, when I started out painting, I had to work on the idea of how to use soft contour lines and hard contour lines to really make the focus images pop. I’ve put a blue contour line around where you should focus, generally. You don’t have to do all of these, but you on an image like this, the power is in the silhouette, so make it pop just enough to fit within the image…meaning keep some areas soft and make hard, distinct lines everywhere else. Also, don’t use this color…I was just using that to give you a better guide. Use the blacks you use for Darth Vader. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Steel – First, I just want to say how proud I am of all the work you did on this. You REALLY put some time and effort in to this. Second, I’m VERY touched you elected to work on something I did. That’s very kind of you, Steel. It’s a very touching thing you did. Thank you. Ok, in terms of some thoughts for the piece, I broke it down in thirds for you. Think of every place the vertical and horizontal lines intersect as a built-in area of focus. You really do pretty well with these. As we work with them more, we’ll work with diagonals between the nine different boxes in the grid, but one thing I’d like to point out is where you have Cinder’s head. It needs to be more in the center of the ninth box, not off the page. But, Steel, this is great work!

Scott,
I had some really quick thoughts on this piece. I actually think it may work a little better if it were switched. All that space in the background (I don’t know the source material, so I may be missing something) on the right is really un-activated. I think if you switched the image like I have below, you can give the focus more emphasis. I hope this makes sense.

I hope that helps a bit. Great work, guys!
-B

Skip to toolbar