ART CLASH WEEK 30: CREATE YOUR OWN ANIMAL-BASED SUPERHERO-STEEL WINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 30: CREATE YOUR OWN ANIMAL-BASED SUPERHERO-STEEL WINS!!!

Whose Animal-based superhero comes out on top?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Scott
  • #3 Knight
  • #4 Brett

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steel 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

CREATE YOUR OWN ANIMAL-BASED SUPERHERO

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

ART BRIEF:
    SUBJECT: Create your own new, never-before-seen animal-based superhero!

CONCEPT:  Your client has given you the opportunity to pitch your all-new animal-based superhero.  You have a lot of room to explore the concept, going with a human in an animal-based suit all the way to an actual animal superhero.  It’s up to you.  Clearly, you have a lot of license to take this in any direction you like, so much certain you focus and bring your best. Good luck!

Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

My favorite animal is a bird. I’m not going to go to a lot of detail on this one, I’m keeping it simple. Sorry it took so long, I have a Youtube channel and I post some REALLY cool stuff on it. So if you want to see my face, go to STEEL BARKLEY and please subscribe if possible! Thank you!

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

supper frog!!!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

This has been a tough week for computer issues. I’ve only got the design at this point, which is disappointing, as I’m really liking this character. This is the Mongoose. He is an expert in the Indian martial art of Kalaripayattu and battles a cult of cybernetic cobra men who have taken over a jungle region in Madhya Pradesh, India. He has seemingly mystical powers resembling a mongoose and is a ferocious and gifted fighter.

I’m really bummed I don’t have a page.

-B

****EDIT**** Well, I took a couple hours and worked on a page with my old (to be read “reliable) computer and came up with this half-finished thing. With another hour, or so, I could have had this finished. Lesson learned: work on the most important panel (the final, action panel) first.

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

I gladly threw my vote down for Steel’s Cardinal hero, though I also like Knight’s Super Frog, who is pretty awesome.

Looking at Brett’s, I feel like an awesome layout is worth three finishes. And my page took me way longer than three hours. My goal for next week is to do a few pencil layouts and no finishes, trying to get things more Alan Davis-y or whatever mainstream hero type artist people want to sub in. I want to lock down step 1. I will likely need to copy as many panels of his as I can and try to guess his shorthand from the comics I have laying around.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Well it looks like Steel’s Cardinal Hero wins this one! Congratulations, Steel! Time to get a new challenge going buddy. Let me know and I’ll post it up.
    -B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Thanks for the votes everybody!!! The next one will be “Draw a Samurai in the fight of his (or her) life”!!! Again, thank you for the votes!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar