ART CLASH WEEK 31: DESIGN A SAMURAI IN THE FIGHT OF HIS/HER LIFE!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 31: DESIGN A SAMURAI IN THE FIGHT OF HIS/HER LIFE!!!

Whose samurai depiction is the best?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Brett
  • #3 Knight
  • #4 Scott

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 5 days, 15 hours ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

DESIGN A SAMURAI IN THE FIGHT OF HIS OR HER LIFE

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

ART BRIEF:
    SUBJECT: Design a samurai warrior

CONCEPT: A good hero is often defined by a good villain, or certainly good conflict. You’ve designed an amazing samurai warrior protagonist for this challenge, now put him/her in a fight that truly tests your character–the fight of his/her life.

Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Oh MAN, I can’t wait for this one!!! So, what happened today? Really I just spent the whole day trying to get a pose down. Any other week, I would have my piece up today. That took a while!!! But I’ve got it! AND I’M GOING TO WIN AGAIN!!!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

My samurai piece, pencils only. I loved this one, Steel! Great challenge! The fight of his life is living with what he has done.

-B

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

The fight of his life is his brother. the guy on the right is the good guy.

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

Rough week.
    Did 12 versions of panel 1 and 2, but didn’t continue.

Looking back on these, they’re too rough or illegible and I still made mistakes where limbs were too long and stuff. Also, fan expo boston this weekend was rough after looking at J Scott Campbell sketchbooks.

https://skwott.tumblr.com/post/176964852543/i-dont-wanna-talk-about-it

Don’t put this up for voting, I’m just putting it here to show I thought some on it this week.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Scott, no worries! We’re all friends here. I couldn’t finish mine last week. You’ll get it next time. 🙂

Sorry about the delay in getting the voting up. We’re all set now.
    -B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Aaargh! A tie!! Ha Ha. I think I’ll call this as a tie between Steel and me. Steel, have any thoughts?

Thanks for the votes, folks. I appreciate it!
    -B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar