ART CLASH WEEK 32: WOLVERINE 2099!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 32: WOLVERINE 2099!!!

Whose Wolverine do you want to see in the 2099 universe?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Knight
  • #3 Brett

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

WOLVERINE 2099

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

ART BRIEF
    SUBJECT: Wolverine 2099

CONCEPT: You’ve been tasked with creating a compelling and lasting design for Wolverine in the Marvel 2099 universe. Do your best to envision what the Wolverine of 2099 would look like and even who he/she would be. Bonus points for including other 2099 characters.

Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

I was going to make the blood stain a Japanese tree, but the blood made a better scene. I also made Wolverine blind, as you can see, he has no eyes. Because if he can’t age, he can loose body parts. He’s gone though a lot. And I also gave him claws that are more like the animal Wolverine. And I’m sorry for the sketchy inks, my pens were acting weird, then half way through I was able to fix them. AND IF YOU FOLLOW MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL, SUPERSTEEL-GAMING, THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE AND HOW I DO MY ART, AND SOME REALLY CREEPY THINGS HAPPEN IN REALY LIFE AS WELL AS GAMES, CAUGHT ON CAMERA!!!.!!!

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

I know I say that I do Anime. The truth is I do American Anime (not real anime, which was my goal). But I’ve been practicing REAL JAPANESE ANIME NOW, AND I’VE COME BACK, JUST WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT WEEK. I WILL WIN.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

I will win this week.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Finally. This was a rushed panel, as I’m in the middle of a deadline, but I think it worked out pretty well. I wanted to go with something kind of traditional, but leave enough room for mystery. So Wolverine has white hair and is working for ALCHEMAX, which is (if I recall) the villainous corporation in the Spiderman 2099 world. Why is he working for a nefarious corporation? Buy the book and find out! 🙂
    -B

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

OKAY, I thought mine was going to win…I WAS WRONG!!!!!!! This is the best piece of art I’ve every seen from you. THE STORY!!! Spider-man 2099 is my favorite, but telling the reader that he isn’t alone in this world and time is AMAZING, Spider-man 2099 is not alone, in fact Wolverine is in this time… with him!!!

Brett Barkley
        Keymaster

My Achievements

Too kind, bro, too kind. But thank you!
        🙂

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

It looks like it’s just Barkleys this week. Voting is open!

-B

Daniel Puch
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

Ok, I voted for Brett, but everyone art was good really!

I couldn’t participate but maybe I do a doodle tonight and I post it here.

I will definitely be participating in the next challenge!

So get ready for the “smack-talk” Lol….
    🙂

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Hey man! Glad we could have you!!!

Daniel Puch
        Participant

My Achievements

Thank you Steel!!!
        🙂

Daniel Puch
    Participant

My Achievements

Quick sketch, just to show something… the next challenge I promise I will do a more finished art!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Wolverine Pencils

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Great art, I can’t wait to see a finished piece!!!

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

I voted for Steel. Loved his different design. In fact, i tried doodling poses with his costume design a few times but i keep messing up, lol.

I’m still on vacation, also for the rest of this week, so you guys get a break from my art. Great stuff, everyone!

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Thanks man. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Along with my new style of anime, came a different way of doing art in general.
    I’ve started a new process of drawing that I would like to share with who ever wants to hear.
    I’m going to star doing my pencils on paper (where I’m better with pencils), then take a picture of the piece, then ink it on Adobe Photo Shop (where I have the good inking pens)!!!

AND PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL NAMED SUPERSTEEL-GAMING. THANK YOU.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Thanks for the votes, everyone! VERY close one, Steel. I think your design and your work on this was totally top notch! Great work!

Ok. We’re running a little behind, but I’ll have this posted tonight. However, to get you started, this next challenge will be to illustrate Long John Silver from Treasure Island, using the descriptions from the author, Robert Louis Stevenson. So get ready to draw pirates!

-B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar