ART CLASH WEEK 37: CREATE AND ILLUSTRATE A SCARY SCENE STARRING THE SLENDER MAN

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 37: CREATE AND ILLUSTRATE A SCARY SCENE STARRING THE SLENDER MAN

Wow! Some really great entries this week!!! Whose do you like best?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Knight
  • #3 Scott
  • #4 Honor
  • #5 Mercy
  • #6 Brett

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steel 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

CREATE AND ILLUSTRATE A SCARY SCENE STARRING THE SLENDER MAN

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

ART BRIEF
    SUBJECT: Slender Man (from the movie and games).

CONCEPT: You’ve been tasked with creating and illustrating a terrifying scene showcasing the Slender Man.  Do your very best to create a mood and suspense that play on the creepy nature of the character.

Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

OMG, this is going to be AWESOME!!! I can’t wait to see all the posts!!!

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

MAN, I spent a LOT of time into this one!!! So, when I was about half way threw, I thought “I bet there’s going to be a lot of people are going to be doing this poses”.

So, Slender Man, the woods, a child, and snow, To me, the 4 things to make anything scary!!!
    As you can see, I made it to be a scene after a chase, the kid’s face is bleeding, he’s sweating… a lot. And I didn’t make everything as easy to see, look a lot closer at the piece. then you’ll be able to see the… umm… other… arms??? coming out of his back??? I probably made your mind pop out… sorry. LOL. Slender Man is here.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

I like that this scene is one right in the middle of a jump scar!!!

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

Mine. Seems to be flagged as spam. I dunno.

https://skwott.tumblr.com/post/178377292853

Consider the one you think is the worst of the three my entry.

Also, man I’m feeling antsy! All this focus on computer is making me feel like I’m losing ground on hand drawn stuff. And no comics.

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Man!!! I REALLY like that top one, the head’s tilted… creepy. And I like the one below because the twist to it all, very nice.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Honor’s

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Mercy’s

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Slender Man stalking!
    -B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

The sinister looking hands. then evil Slender Man. And the tears, they never stop when Slender Man is here. WOW, this should be on a cover!!! And one more thing, I did see this black stuff in the trailer, does anyone know what that stuff was? I think it might be Slender Man, because every body started crying and panicking what it came.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Wow! Mercy wins!

Way to go, Girl!!!!
    I’ll post up her idea shortly.
    -B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Ok. Mercy wants to go with Batman in the style of the Brave and the Bold cartoon. So this should be fun. The challenge will be to shift your style a bit to accommodate the show’s lighthearted look and feel.
    Good luck!
    -B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Okay, I’ll get to it today.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar