ART CLASH WEEK 38: BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD CARTOON

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 38: BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD CARTOON

Vote for the bravest and boldest entry!

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Scott
  • #2 Steel
  • #3 Knight
  • #4 Brett

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

ANY CHARACTER(S) DONE IN THE STYLE OF THE BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD CARTOON

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

ART BRIEF
    SUBJECT: Illustrate a DC character in the style of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon

CONCEPT: This was one of our favorite cartoon shows and its style was so distinctive and perfectly matched its tone. Do your best to match the show’s stylistic tone with any DC character(s).

Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Okay everybody, I think I’m going to do Super-Man, he’s the best!!! I wish I could do my style… but the art clash is to draw in the style of Batman the Brave and the Bold.

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

Loved Brave and the Bold cartoon, but didn’t follow brief at all. I got inspiration from Jungle Batman, who was in an episode, but rendered more of what I would guess is the comic one, hopefully.

Some process picks here:

https://skwott.tumblr.com/post/178543376173/process-pix-tried-a-quick-sketch-from-the-pov-of

One has a sketch where you see it from the perspective of the light source on Batman, so then I could look at my drawing, and any parts you don’t see in the lighting sketch would be in shadow, like some of the arm pieces because its foreshortened towards the light. Guesswork, still.

Here’s the final:

https://skwott.tumblr.com/post/178537535183

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

THAT… IS …SO… GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT THE “BBATB” STYLE. AND YES, I KNOW THAT EPISODE, WE’VE WATCHED THEM ALL!!!

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

So, because this week’s Art Clash was to draw a character in the style of Batman The Brave And The Bold, a very simple style. So today, I went with a very simple piece. I think it turned out well.

So, Batman in the style of Batman The Brave And The Bold, okay, cool. I made it so that not a single building is touching Batman, he’s all alone in this. Maybe the only hero in this city.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

AWESOME!!! YOU GUYS ROCKED IT THIS WEEK!!!

I’m hoping to get back to being able to contribute more this week.
    -B

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

Steel gets my vote this week, his Batman looks pretty close, imo.

Knight also did a great job and looks like he pulled some great reference with a low angle shot. I really get the sense he’s looking down at us, great work.

Brett’s Wonder Woman is definitely my favorite of the three. Was drawing with to the simpler Timm type shapes harder than you expected? I wish I took assignment more seriously and dug up one of those old how to draw animated Batman books! Great work as usual!

For me, its going to be inktober, inktober, inktober, so I dunno how much I’ll be working on challenges this month. Great entries, both of you are amazing artists with your father’s example obviously inspiring you.

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Thank you man.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Yeah. Scott, you owned this one. Enjoy it while you can. 😉
    Congratulations and what’s next?!
    -B

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

Draw some special type of car and its unique driver. You can draw more, but not less than that.

Sound good?

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

My Achievements

Sounds perfect! I think Leslie had suggested a similar idea a while back.
      Love it! I’ll post it up as son as I get a second.
      -B

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

My Achievements

Sounds perfect! I think Leslie had suggested a similar idea a while back.
      Love it! I’ll post it up as son as I get a second.
      -B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar