ART CLASH WEEK 4! ICONIC COVER OR PANEL FROM A DIFFERENT CAMERA ANGLE VOTE NOW!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 4! ICONIC COVER OR PANEL FROM A DIFFERENT CAMERA ANGLE VOTE NOW!!

Vote for the best re-imagining of a cover or panel!

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Oliver
  • #2 Joe
  • #3 Rachael
  • #4 Brett

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Voting is open!

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

here is a link to the time lapse video of this weeks drawing if any one is interested in seeing how the sausage is made

Leslie
    Participant

My Achievements

NEW TERRITORY IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

We were moving to a different city this week, in a hotel for most of it, chaos, etc, so yes, we NEED to do Joe’s idea again – I HAD A COVER CHOSEN! Grrrrr!!! Great work, everyone and thanks again, Joe! Welcome, Oliver, hope to see lots more from you!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

I’ll call this one. I thank everyone for the votes. Joe, this was a FANTASTIC idea. I want to cycle back to it soon. I know the boys wanted to enter and so did Leslie. Doing mine the afternoon of the deadline in a hotel room with six kids…was challenging. We’re still getting moved in and I don’t have internet set up yet, so please bear with me as I try to set up the next challenge on my phone. But here it is: you’ve been commissioned by DC to redesign Phantom Stranger. Work up a character/costume design. You can include any written ideas you have, but you must stick with the name and general idea for the character.
    Here’s a little background to get you started: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Stranger

Thanks again!
    -B

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

ART BRIEF:
    SUBJECT: Any character
    CONCEPT: Choose one of your favorite or most iconic covers or panels and re-imagine it from a different camera angle or perspective. Feel free to update art style and costumes to be your style or your favorite costume for that character.
    For example if you love this image of the joker
    killing joke
    but want to see it in the Joker costume from the Dark Knight you can change the costume but move the camera to be below him and to the right instead of directly in front of him.
    – or –
    maybe show this image superman cover from the view of the man Superman is saving.

Good luck!

The Rules:

THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY This MONDAY, JANUARY 1,2018 a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.
    Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Joe Kemp,
    This is one of the best Art Clashes ever,this last one was amazing,both of them are great,
    GREAT SUBJECT,JOE,I can’t wait to get started.This is amazing!!!

Leslie
    Participant

My Achievements

NEW TERRITORY IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Joe,

No joke, this is the coolest idea. It’s SO good that I’m
    Going to going to try to draw something. I have NO idea how I’m going to accomplish something even resembling “art”, but this idea is so freaking powerful that I can’t stop thinking about it! I have three ideas currently…

THANK YOU, JOE! I don’t know how I’ll wait a week to see the posts!!!!!!

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Joe,
    Bro,you 100+ should have won on that,it was one of the best I’v seen from you,you got that
    win110*****!!!!!!

JamesQ
    Participant

My Achievements

I didn’t have time to do one this week so I sent in my substitute. This is my son Oliver’s drawing of a new comic he got called Good and Evil.

Good and Evil Comic book cover

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

here is mine – I did J.G. Jones cover from Wonder Woman Hiketeia zoomed out to show Wonder Woman’s rage.
    wonder woman hiketeia

Rachael C
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

Sprider Gwen Vol.1 1

Had a suggestion from a good friend to draw some Spider Gwen, so drew Vol.1 Issue 1.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

In the middle of a move…I had considered trying to keep this challenge open for an extra week. It REALLY deserves more…maybe we’ll just have to come back around to this idea at some point. Great idea, Joe! In any case, my digital cover re-imagining of Amazing Spider-Man 33.
    -B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar