ART CLASH WEEK 40: ILLUSTRATE AN IONIC IMAGE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 40: ILLUSTRATE AN IONIC IMAGE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL

Whose Captain Marvel is the most marvelous of all?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Scott
  • #3 Knight
  • #4 Brett

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Puch 2 days, 11 hours ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

CAPTAIN MARVEL ICONIC

ART BRIEF
    SUBJECT: Captain Marvel (from Marvel Comics)

CONCEPT: In honor of the upcoming film, illustrate an iconic image of Captain Marvel. You may choose any costume you like.

Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Last week, Knight and I started something that I think helped me a lot. We would find some free time in the day to sit down and draw a character for an hour. I really enjoyed it.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

WOW, I spent about 3 hours on this one. I went with my favorite suit, the black one. And it came out like this. To me, it’s my favorite piece I’ve done. And a special thanks to Scott for last week being a car… not a person. That let me practice my Manga for just the right amount of time. Now I have a different eye style that I think (and know) is better then my first. If you want to know how I did the character and what the piece is about, then look below the art. Thank you.

So, as I said, it took about 3 hours to do the whole piece. If you see other pieces of mine, then you’ll have seen how rough the inks look. On this piece, I spent a little more time but came out awesome. So, the suit. I did my favorite because the colors are cool and just the suit in general is cool. So ya. Can’t wait to see what everybody will come up with!

Scott LeMien
      Participant

My Achievements

Wow! That is fantastic, Steel! And I promise it’s totally an accident that I went with a similar costume. I didn’t see yours until I posted.

I love the pose, the clean coloring, the depth of it all. Great great job!

Edit: huh. Just saw how long ago you posted it. I must have seen it, then. Sorry to copy your costume choice. It was a cointoss for me between this, a super early costume or binary.

Steel
        Participant

My Achievements

No problem, I’ve copied off so many pieces on accident it’s not even funny. And I like to see how someone different will do a character. + It’s just the best costume.

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

im sorry for being late.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Ugh. Still trying to finish this project and stuck in a seemingly never-ending coloring phase. A VERY quick one:

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Ok. I’m calling this for Steel. Great work, guys! I’m finally off my project, so I may be able to start participating for real. FANTASTIC work, Steel!

And Scott, great work, as well. Interestingly, the color scheme for your piece reminded me of Arthur Suydam’s Marvel zombie covers palette.

Knight, you and I need to spend more time on the next piece. Speaking of which, what’s next, Steel? I’m excited to actually contribute this time.

-B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Thank you guys for the votes!!! My art will only get better. Let’s do “Create your own Superhero and Villain in battle”!!! Hope you guys enjoy.

Scott: I love the suit (It’s the best) and the colors!!!

Knight: We need to work on TIMING!!!

Brett (Dad): I love the pose and the moon.

Daniel Puch
      Participant

My Achievements

THE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

“Create your own Superhero and Villain in battle”!

Oh my goodness! Lol… I just saw what is the next topic. I was so crazy that day I didn’t read that well…
      😛

Duh!

Ok, cool!!!

I have a superhero already, but I need a villain.

Daniel Puch
    Participant

My Achievements

THE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

I couldn’t make it on time!
    😠

Nice job everybody! I voted for Scott!

What’s next??? I want to participate next challenge!
    😜

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar