ART CLASH WEEK 42: RED DEAD REDEMPTION!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 42: RED DEAD REDEMPTION!!!

Whose piece brought the Dead Eye?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Knight
  • #3 Brett

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steel 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

ART BRIEF
    SUBJECT: Red Dead Redemption.

CONCEPT: Use any characters or settings from the FIRST game to create an epic image embodying this amazing story.  Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

I went with John Marston for this week. I was so sad when I saw John die, so I just had to draw him!!! And for the coloring, I did something that’s not in my style, I put 2 shades of the original color in for the shadows. I usually just do 1. But hey, it’s good to get out and try new things.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

The grave is the guy who killed jhon, but I put it the so jhon killed him!

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Knight!!! The tomb stone in the background is amazing!!! Edger Ross is DEAD and John has been redeemed.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

And mine.

I’m titling this, “Oh, my son, my blessed son.”
    -B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Heart…breaking.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Dad im so sad now, that is A good piece.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Aaargh! Guys, I specifically said you weren’t supposed to vote for me this time. GRRRR.

Ok, ok. Thank you for the votes.

This week’s challenge is Make Your Own Monster. That’s right–you get to create your own legendary monster or beast. I’ll set it up ASAP.

-B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Really good pieces, everybody!!! Knight deserved that vote and so did Dad. So, what’s next, Dad?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar