ART CLASH WEEK 9: REDO THIS SPIDER-MAN COVER IN THE BLACK COSTUME-VOTE NOW!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 9: REDO THIS SPIDER-MAN COVER IN THE BLACK COSTUME-VOTE NOW!!!

I forgot there's more than one version of the black costume! Whose is the best!

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Rachael
  • #2 Brett
  • #3 Knight
  • #4 Steel
  • #5 Joe

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Joe Kemp 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

I’m going to call this for Steel. Great job everyone! A couple quick things. I’ve been planning on setting up an Instagram account and posting the art here over there. Is everyone ok with that?

Rachael – LOVED the pose! I thought it was great. Maybe try adding a little line weight variation on the ruined building. But this is a great piece!

Knight – Buddy, this is a great piece! You really worked on this and I’m very, very proud of you! I think the pose is fantastic. I feel like Spider-Man is going to pounce! I think the building is great (the bricks look great) and I love the spider in the background…just visible. Awesome work! I’d like you to work on making your lines (on Spider-Man, for instance) a little smoother. But, Knight, this is one of the VERY BEST things I’ve seen you do.

Steel – Wow! I can’t believe your work on the light sources. Great job! I’d like you to work more on developing your pencils, the foundation of each piece of art. Getting things like the perspective on the chimney right, taking just a little more time to clean up your finished lines…Steel, you’re really going to push your art to the next level! Great work!

Joe – This is one of my favorite pieces you’ve done, Joe! This is great! I love the anatomy and the line work. I have a little difficulty separating the lines from the gray color, but I loved this piece. What you did here with the anatomy…it shows a lot of growth. Keep pushing this! Keep looking at artists you like and compare it with what you’re doing–and build what you like into your work. Great job, man!

Thanks to everyone for joining in!

-B

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

thanks for the thoughtful critique – I am really having fun with all of these and always look forward to seeing everyone’s amazing art. Can’t wait to see whats next!!!!

– i would be totally fine with you sharing on instagram BTW

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

REDO THIS SPIDER-MAN COVER WITH THE BLACK COSTUME!!!
    ART BRIEF:
    SUBJECT: Spider-man in the black costume

CONCEPT: Remake this iconic Spider-man cover, using the black costume. You may feel free to slightly change the setting, but you must keep the general layout and proportions of the original image.

Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

Rachael C
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

Tested out a few ideas but tried to stick to the general look for Miles Morales’ Spider-Man costume.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

This was more digital than I wanted.
    -B

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

I really liked this one,it turned out great!!!

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

here is mine – sorry i am late

spiderman

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

No worries, Joe! I waited for you. 😉
    -B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar