Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 22: PRODUCE A STAR WARS COMIC STRIP – KNIGHT WINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 22: PRODUCE A STAR WARS COMIC STRIP – KNIGHT WINS!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 22: PRODUCE A STAR WARS COMIC STRIP – KNIGHT WINS!!!

Brett Barkley
Keymaster

Ok. Here are my roughs. I hope they make a bit of sense. I wanted to do a couple of things with these, namely tell an interesting story and end on a cliffhanger, which will bring the reader back next week. I don’t pay a lot of attention to Boba Fett’s actual weaponry…I honestly don’t know if he has a flamethrower on his right wrist, but nonetheless he does here.

I hope the storytelling is generally clear, but at this stage, it’s almost in the back of my mind as I focus on the shapes and diagonals while blocking out the forms. I’m thinking a lot of guiding the eye at this stage. Do I know what all the shapes are? Not really, because, unless it’s the focus of the panel, it’s secondary. I just know Boba Fett is waking up in the Sarlacc Pit probably with other things, groggy and beginning to fight the tentacles inside. The other shapes I’ve blocked in are just ways to guide the eye.

I hope this maybe helps someone a bit.

Thanks,

-B