Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 22: PRODUCE A STAR WARS COMIC STRIP – KNIGHT WINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 22: PRODUCE A STAR WARS COMIC STRIP – KNIGHT WINS!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 22: PRODUCE A STAR WARS COMIC STRIP – KNIGHT WINS!!!

Scott LeMien
Participant

Steel- really well drawn, love your angle choices, I think your colors are a bit dark for your line work, I love the Cliffhanger you ended on.

Knight- you get a lot of mileage out of the black panel, and it works! Love the clear colors, incorporating a thermal detonator, also really love the shadows on the sand of the Sarlacc’s tentacles!

Mercy- great idea including the ships from Jedi. Your actions are super clear and clean, you already tell comic stories well it seems. It looks like the Sarlacc wants to adopt Boba Fett as a baby?? But he’s not having that! Great work!

Honor has another great looking piece, love Fett’s wide legged stance!

Brett- voted for this one. I see you stole Knight’s first panel idea. Your second, big panel is awesome and your flame throwing one great as well. I can never tell wherr/how/why your rendering works on your textures and half tones. I’d like to see a tutorial or something on your thinking on that. That said, I think the lettering needs life. Even if you lettered on computer and then traced it again in your hand and did the same with the balloons, it would have a lot more character. My $.02.

In the future, big ones like this should be some kinda other thing, I think? I do want to make comics more than draw people though, but maybe I need to work on that self-motivation thing.

Oh, and Steel, that shadow dude was supposed to be Fett after he took off his armor.