Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 23: THE MOST FEARSOME T-REX!!! BRETT WINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 23: THE MOST FEARSOME T-REX!!! BRETT WINS!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 23: THE MOST FEARSOME T-REX!!! BRETT WINS!!!

Scott LeMien
Participant

Lots of great entries, voted for Brett’s despite that lettering, ? because it’s a comic and that effort is amazing. My suggestion:
I’d consider drawing the shape of the lettering/word first, divide it up into spaces that are angled or in whatever perspective you want, then chisel the letters to within that space.
Brett, how do you feel about the big two-tiered panel reading-wise? I always feel like there’s a chance someone is just going to go left to right across the board, then go down. I almost feel like the two tiered panel only works on the left most panel, tbh. But I never considered using it, and getting me to think aloud about it makes me want to do stuff in this Sunday strip style. Gotta look at your total ratio here and see if I can do one, too.

Steel, I love your T-Rex, and it made me think about why I avoid such difficult things like cuts in my monsters, they’re hard to make look convincing! You did a really good job with the oozing blood. If you think it would work you could take off the dark brown shadow underneath the blood and then cut and chip away at some of the black line under the bloody cut so it would appear and disappear it might pop more? Dunno for sure, but the cut might then have an uneven shadow as it rode over the planes of the dinosaur face. Your call, it’s already great as is, and it was my second choice.

Knight, love your composition! Diagonal lines on t-rex and mountain side, but then tail and trees point us back to dino, plus sun rays leading right to him. Great!

Mercy, yours was amazing! We see in the volcano! Awesome! Dripping blood! Two tones on that skin! Love That! Pterodactyl in the background!

Joe, yours was an awesome start! Great front on pose! Great brow/menacing look and I think you got the hands of it really well, too!

That said, can’t believe my croco-rat isn’t going to win this. ?