Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 23: THE MOST FEARSOME T-REX!!! BRETT WINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 23: THE MOST FEARSOME T-REX!!! BRETT WINS!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 23: THE MOST FEARSOME T-REX!!! BRETT WINS!!!

Joe Kemp
Participant

That is wonderful feed back – I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to not only review but really analyze what was working and what wasnt working. Both the X-men and the batman drawings were done one character at a time and then i puzzled them together, I really think this hurt the overall composition – hearing your thoughts on them I might revisit how I put them together and try to figure out a more elegant way of balancing areas of negative space with areas of detail/black (now that you mention it the blank space where the carpet was in the original does make it look like they are floating).
I am really pleased that you like the “this is america” piece – I was so blown away by that music video that I stayed up all night drawing my feelings out. That might be part of why it is more organized and balanced – I did it with the end goal in mind instead of sputtering out a character a day. I also tried to steal some influence from drew struzan posters!
You can check out the individual drawings on my instagram if you are interested – I was particularly happy with the penguin and catwoman – I was experimenting with using more black “areas” on those 2 and was happy with the result.

I am really flattered you took the time to do a deep dive on these – CRITIQUE like this is always welcome!!!!! I really want to get better.