Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 27: UNDERSEA BATTLE MECH-SCOTT WINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 27: UNDERSEA BATTLE MECH-SCOTT WINS!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 27: UNDERSEA BATTLE MECH-SCOTT WINS!!!

Scott LeMien
Participant
https://skwott.tumblr.com/post/175834458938/sketch-challenge-page-this-week-we-had-to-design

So.. this was interesting. I basically wrote down a bunch of sentences on paper, then figured I’d start drawing. Initially had even more panels, so I had to keep changing it, making it more intimate.

Big thing: I had no idea how to lay this out initially. I just drew the first 4 panels on different sheets of paper and threw down some brush pen. Had no idea how it would fit on paper or if it would.. and it didn’t! This forced me to come up with the piping linkups you see as a device to make it understandable. After I placed those 4, I checked the approximate space left for the remaining space a bit better and drew those.

I did this with brush pen and red pencil, and didn’t bother erasing. I was happy that I hand drew it, mildly annoyed it might not be clear or readable enough, though. Or it might stink compared to digital work.

I guessed the page template you scanned was at 400 dpi after some math.