Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 28: CREATE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO TEAM–SCOTT WINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 28: CREATE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO TEAM–SCOTT WINS!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 28: CREATE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO TEAM–SCOTT WINS!!!

Brett Barkley
Keymaster

Ha! Dude, I totally feel you on the page-creation stress thing. I’m still in the process of trying to come up with something…idea bashing. We’ll see. But I love what you’re doing here, Scott. Maybe this will help in the layout phase: Try to think of each page as a packet of information delivery and then try to determine the purpose of each page within that context for the story. Some pages are panel-heavy, having lots of panels in order to serve the story, while others are lighter on panel count or exposition for another purpose (think a splash panel). If we look at it this way, we’ll be better able to control pacing for the story and the visuals will be more appealing because panel count and size will change from page to page. So for a page that introduces a superhero team, the purpose for that particular packet of information is to…(drum roll, please)…introduce the superhero team. You can therefore limit some of the information or exposition and maybe you can get away with a fewer number of panels.

…or you could just regard this completely. I think what you’ve got is great and this art form leaves a great deal of latitude in how we build the pages.

But great work! This is very inspiring.
Time to get back to it.

-B