Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 28: CREATE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO TEAM–SCOTT WINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 28: CREATE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO TEAM–SCOTT WINS!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 28: CREATE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO TEAM–SCOTT WINS!!!

Brett Barkley
Keymaster

Steel – This is the best piece you’ve done so far, Steel! I love the inking, I love the character designs and I love the story. I’d like to see more based on these characters and the world. I think my only suggestion would be with Fred’s hands. I have difficulty separating them from the characters behind his hands. I also think they may be a little small. I’ve posted a quick work-up of what I was thinking below. It’s not perfect, but handling the the powered hands a little differently may help separate the the characters a bit. Here’s something I was thinking:

But fantastic work, Steel! I look forward each week to seeing what you’ll do next! Keep up the great work!

Scott – Just fantastic work, Scott! I love this page! I think the story flows well. I really like the art and think it generally reads clearly. We all love the colors–that’s a really great palette. And the page ends on a cliffhanger! This is a fantastic way to keep readers engaged. And there’s a really cool story here, man! I’d like to see more of this, man!

Knight – I love this idea! This seems like a concept for a superhero team you would be interested in continuing to develop. I just love the idea. Now, I have just a couple thoughts for you. I think this could help you on all your future art projects…and generally whatever you’re tackling in life. Whenever you’re tasked with something, if it’s drawing a superhero team, or designing a bridge or baking a cake, it’s all just a problem to solve. And when you’re solving a problem, you have to define the most important objective for the project. For this piece, the most important objective would be creating and showcasing your team. I’d like to have seen some more detailing in the figures, something that gives us a better idea of who they are and what they can do. Using a thinner inking brush would have helped. I think this is really the only real issue. But in terms of what you do right here, again I love the idea. Also, you do a really great job of showing the scale of the figures in relation to the giant monster. (I can tell you use models to get this just right–FANTASTIC JOB!!) And I really like your use of thirds in this piece. There’s a FANTASTIC start here, Knight–I think with a little more detailing in the figures and in the kaiju and some finer inking, this could be an amazing piece!

Mercy – I love it! Mercy, I am daily impressed with your boundless creativity! This is a superhero team I hope you continue to develop. Each of these characters is unique and interesting. You did something every comic creator hopes to do–you created characters I want to know more about!!! I want to know who they are and what they can do! I want to read about this team’s adventures! Way to go, Mercy! Please keep at it!