Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 36: CREATE A SUPERHERO/VILLAIN FROM MAYAN MYTHOLOGY!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 36: CREATE A SUPERHERO/VILLAIN FROM MAYAN MYTHOLOGY!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 36: CREATE A SUPERHERO/VILLAIN FROM MAYAN MYTHOLOGY!!!

Brett Barkley
Keymaster

OK. There was supposed to be a page to accompany this. I think it would have been pretty cool. But I struggled with the page, struggled with trying to get my computer to actually manage to run my Photoshop brushes and I’m on a pretty big deadline so I think I’m just a little tired, but AAAARGH, I’m not doing a page this time.

Basically, this is a gritty, scary character, based off some of the Mayan death gods (yes, there are a bunch). This one is one they supposedly don’t know the name for, but they do know he did something (I think we all know it was kill) with an obsidian blade. So this character will take his name, “A” (which is coincidentally what they called this unknown death deity) from one of the walls in the complex where he’s created. I had envisioned him as a gritty Wolverine or the like villain. He’s a young boy and some nefarious semi-governmental group bound him to an unknown, but powerful force they had discovered. Of course, as these things go, he gets out, very much like Wolverine’s escape from the Weapon X facility. His powers are total control of the blades that protrude from his body, so he can kill from a distance (probably 20 to 30 feet). I also see this character generally levitating. I think its a really horrifying visual to see this young boy levitating with all these black blades swirling around him, killing everything around him.

I REALLY hate I won’t be finishing the page this week.

-B