Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 1: SPIDER-MAN IN A SNOWY NYC!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 1: SPIDER-MAN IN A SNOWY NYC!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 1: SPIDER-MAN IN A SNOWY NYC!!!

Brett Barkley
Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Awesome! Thanks to everyone who came by. I hope the challenge was a little fun. I’ve opened voting and I’ll try to have some critiques up as soon as I can, if everyone is interested.

Steel, thank you for sharing your early gesture lines. I think that’s a great idea. It’s kind of similar to what I do. I’ve posted this quick sketch below (and added the red lines to kind of suggest how I figure out a pose) to kind of show the general process I go through. I did this piece digitally, but I do the same thing with pencil and paper–I just use an old rectangular carpenter pencil or drawing pencil to do quick gestures. I TRULY think this is the biggest thing to keep your figures from feeling stiff, to make them feel dynamic.

If anyone thinks it would be helpful to them, I’ll go ahead and make a quick video of how I do this. It has been the single biggest help for me in terms of speed and improved final art.

-B

Skip to toolbar