Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 10: MISTER MIRACLE AND THE IMPOSSIBLE TRAP!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 10: MISTER MIRACLE AND THE IMPOSSIBLE TRAP!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 10: MISTER MIRACLE AND THE IMPOSSIBLE TRAP!!!

Brett Barkley
Keymaster

You know, I was thinking about Scott’s request above. It made me consider something that I think is a good recommendation for the artists on the board…or anywhere, actually. Do the kind of art you want to do.

I would recommend this to everyone. If you don’t want to be a colorist, then why waste your time coloring these pieces? I love seeing the pieces colored. And certainly feel free to do that, if you want. But set the goal for the kind of work you want to do and work toward that. If you want to be a penciler, then build your pencils and beat everyone with your pencils alone…because you’ll be working toward that specific goal. Imagine putting that extra time in to your pencils, or in to your inks.

That’s what I envisioned for the artists here. I want to help, to the extent I possibly can, each artist to become the artist he or she wants to be. So it’s just a thought I wanted to share that you can take or leave. But life is short. If you’re serious about where you want to take your art, then do that.

The votes don’t matter–what you do with your talent and your dreams is what matters.

Just thought I’d try to offer a bit of encouragement,

-B