Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 21: GAME OF THRONES – EMOTIONAL RESONANCE!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 21: GAME OF THRONES – EMOTIONAL RESONANCE!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 21: GAME OF THRONES – EMOTIONAL RESONANCE!!!

Joe Kemp
Participant

Dafu – love the style and the overall “finished” nature of the piece. Especially the detail in the hair – really well executed. I think the juxtaposition of the children’s book/cartoony vibe with the very adult themes of the show make for a very interesting (and very marketable) piece. Your piece could be described as fun and playful – “a more simple and innocent time” is the perfect title. I would love to see the head shrunk down to less exaggerated “caricature” proportions.

Brett – this is a deceptively challenging angle especially on daenerys. The more I look at it the more I see the challenges. From a composition perspective I love it the light shining down (feels very much like the scene from the sword in the stone). It has a fairy tale vibe which is perfect for this incredibly somber moment. If I may, I have 3 suggestions that I feel would improve the piece. 1) add the bloody knife on the ground next to the body. 2) her left arm should be hanging more lifelessly, as it is now it looks like she is holding it up 3) the anatomy around her jaw line feels a bit wonky – I think her face should be moving back in perspective more

Knight – super strong hero pose. This is a super challenging view to get accurate and I think you have done very well to inject the feeling of fear – I think if you can keep the idea in mind that perspective applies to everything – buildings, cars, swords, and even people. The more dramatic/exaggerated the better for creating drama

Steel – considering the subject for the week was emotional resonance I think you NAILED it. Your likeness is very strong (this looks just like kit harington). From a storytelling perspective I would like to see him reaching for the sword – not touching it – but reaching for it. It also feels a bit flat in terms of everything is very close to the same tone – I think adding some stark white and some stark black would help to up the intensity and depth

Joe (self critique) – I had FUN with this – I am currently re-watching the series and I forgot about how strong the mountain vs the red viper episode was. The acting and storytelling is in my opinion some of the best in the series. I wanted to make this feel kind of campy by adding the dramatic subtitle and the branded episode tag with the comic code (nostalgia overload). I am most happy with the composition of this one and ellaria’s hands. I think that I could do more to add areas of black on her lower body.