Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 13: DRAW A ONE PAGE COMIC LAYOUT–STEEL AND KNIGHT WIN!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 1.1 ART CLASH WEEK 13: DRAW A ONE PAGE COMIC LAYOUT–STEEL AND KNIGHT WIN!!! Reply To: ART CLASH WEEK 13: DRAW A ONE PAGE COMIC LAYOUT–STEEL AND KNIGHT WIN!!!

Scott LeMien
Participant

I had a bit of a hard time picking between Steel and Knight. I think they realized that text, even made up text that might not be in a final ad, throws in a lot more atmosphere.

I think Steel’s piece was the more graphically interesting to me. Plus, telling me he enjoyed my ideas never hurts, either. Only problems I could see were in putting copy outside of what might have been safe zones.

Knight has the most novel opening two panel sequence of anyone, and that’s reminding me of a lesson I often forget. Namely:

Making > Improving
Try not to get to the point where you are so aware of what you can do wrong that it keeps you from making stuff. You are the unique filter of influences too numerable to count with an ability to tell a story like no one else.

I’m still trying to get over this, so it can happen at any time or age. I put this advice down primarily for me, but also for anyone else who cares to listen in.

Brett’s looked great, too. I hope he looks to Steel’s piece for the authentic sounding people/characters who are enthusiastic about play and the fun/novelty of Knight’s piece.

It was fun, but man this vote took a long time to get to.