ART CLASH WEEK 12: #MARCHOFROBOTS (WITH PET)!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 12: #MARCHOFROBOTS (WITH PET)!!!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Newbold 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

#MARCHOFTHEROBOTS (WITH PET)

Every year in the month of March, a thunderous cadence can be heard rolling across the land. Artists around the world celebrate their love of all things robotic during MARCH of ROBOTS!
    The goal is to draw a new robot illustration each day for 31 days. If you feel you’re up to the full 31 day challenge, awesome! If not no worries. You don’t have to do a drawing every day. Just set yourself a goal and stick with it.
    I started this community drawing challenge mainly to improve my drawing skills and to explore my vision of the future where robots are part of our everyday life.
    So! Open those sketchbooks, sharpen those pencils, boot up those digital drawing tools the ROBOTS are coming!!!
    The 3 Laws of Robotic Fun:
    1Drawings can be digital or analogue, but it must be drawn by you and it has to be a robot or depict a scene featuring a robot.
    2Hashtag your drawings with #marchofrobots and #marchofrobots2019 then post it to Instagram and any other social spot you like. Twitter, tumblr, etc.
    3Have fun with it!
    https://marchofrobots.com/

ART BRIEF
    As per the instructions above, create your own robot, BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PET FOR THE ROBOT.

CONCEPT: While it’s not required, you may feel free to use any of the prompts listed in the third image above (either for the particular day your working on it, or from any day you’d like).
    Good luck!

REFERENCE:
    https://marchofrobots.com/

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

I’ve got some great ideas! ?

Steel
    Participant

A robot with a robot snake! Watch out, these two are the deadly duo! I made a colored version on the Artist spotlight!

Knight
    Participant

Steel
    Participant

I’ve learned some new coloring tricks that I’ll be using next week. Be ready. ?

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

Awesome, buddy! I can’t wait to see what you bring. Maybe I can learn a few tricks from you. 😉

-B

Steel
    Participant

Out of the blue… I know. I thought it might help if I were to draw my own version of Knight’s piece.

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

Steel, I really like this work…and that you took the time to do it. But why don’t you break down some of what you did to help you get there. Describe how you approached the piece, how you did things differently and so on. I think everyone could benefit from some information on your process.

Thanks!

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

I know, I know…so maybe I cheated a little and didn’t make up my own robot (did we really have to?). In any case, Soundwave, Laserbeak and Ravage. I tried to get an animation film cel look to this one. I’m not sure I got it right.

-B

Dafu
    Participant

Darn it, late to the party:) Voted for Steel, the robot snake got me.

warriorrobot

Steel
      Participant

Hey bro, Your’s is pretty FREAKING awesome!!! And thanks for the vote 😉 Keep up the good work!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Dafu! I’m really sorry, man. Let me see if I can redo the voting. I usually give extra time–I just didn’t think anyone else was showing up. Give me a second and let me see if I can restart voting. Your work deserves to be part of the poll.

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Done! Voting has now been reopened!

Good luck everyone!
    -B

Steel
    Participant

Thank you all for the votes! The new challenge is Illustrate 3 or more Overwatch characters!!!

Newbold
    Participant

Hey guys great work last week!
    I didn’t get my ideas out of the sketchbook last week too busy with kids soccer im coaching and also baseball. I will drop my sketches in the spotlight thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.