ART CLASH WEEK 13: 3 OR MORE OVERWATCH CHARACTERS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 13: 3 OR MORE OVERWATCH CHARACTERS!!!

Whose Overwatch illustration is the king of the hill?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Knight
  • #3 Brett

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

ILLUSTRATE 3 OR MORE OVERWATCH CHARACTERS

ART BRIEF
    Choose any three (3) Overwatch characters and illustrate them in battle.

CONCEPT: To the best of your ability, try to focus on placing your characters in a scene you’ve created.  This means you’ll need to focus on backgrounds that make sense for the characters and game.  Use the reference at the link below for a great idea of the characters and appropriate backgrounds.

Good luck!

REFERENCE:
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

CAMPAIGN YEAR ONE – ULTRA RARE BADGE!!!  1 OF 1 IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

I’m going to chose the characters with the most colors and put them in an after-battle scene!

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

My Achievements

Ugh. I don’t have ANY idea what I’m doing. I think I’ll just choose the coolest-looking characters and go from there. Maybe I’ll get a chance to start tonight…ish…maybe.

-B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

CAMPAIGN YEAR ONE – ULTRA RARE BADGE!!!  1 OF 1 IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Genji, Tracer and D.VA. Victory! And by FAR the best piece I’ve ever done in these 13 years on this planet!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Knight’s

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Overwatch characters…can’t recall the names. I’m tired. Ugh.

Knight
      Participant

My Achievements

ONE OF THE BEST!!!!! I love this one😍😍😍

Brett Barkley
        Keymaster

My Achievements

You, Sir, are crazy…but we both knew that already. 😉

Thanks, buddy.

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Aaaaand it looks like the Barkley boys have tied. Ha Ha.

Great work, guys!

Any suggestions for what’s next?

I’m thinking something for Batman’s 80th birthday (though we’re a little late)…or something else timely, like maybe Hellboy. I’m definitely up for suggestions, though.

-B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

You won. I’m fine with Batman.

Newbold
    Participant

My Achievements

Nice work, Barkley clan.
    Been too busy to clash but I’m in for a batman sketchie

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Ya, me too!

Newbold
    Participant

My Achievements

batman

giving myself a time limit

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

OH MY GOSH!!! WOW!!!!!!

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

My Achievements

Oh, come on, Newbold. Give the rest of us a chance to get started. Ha Ha
      -B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN!  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.
Skip to toolbar