ART CLASH WEEK 17: DC VS MARVEL VILLAIN FACE-OFF !!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 17: DC VS MARVEL VILLAIN FACE-OFF !!!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Puch 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

DC vs. MARVEL VILLAIN FACE-OFF

ART BRIEF
    Any DC villain battling any Marvel villain.

CONCEPT: You get to choose any DC villain to face-off against any Marvel villain.  This is your chance to have fun with the Big Two’s baddest bad guys.  Bring it!

Good luck!

REFERENCE:

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Guys! Totally my bad on this one. I actually started drawing before I set up the challenge. Yikes. Cheating. Ha Ha. Sorry. I’ll be flexible on the time.

-B

Steel
    Participant

It’s okay, you woln’t win any way.

Steel
    Participant

DC’s Zoom VS Marvel’s Black Cat! Who will win!!! Black Cat is trying to trick Zoom into let’s his guard down.

Knight
    Participant

Newbold
    Participant

Lobo vs Taskmaster

no time to ink this was at awesome con all weekend

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

Newbold, THAT is a battle I want to see!
      -B

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

No worries, man. How was the show?

I’ve thought about setting up down here is Houston, but…ehhhhh…I don’t know. I don’t see a lot of artists at the show down here.

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

This was one of my favorite challenges thus far. GREAT IDEA, STEEL!

So, I went with Doctor Doom vs Darkseid. I loved the idea of two Kirby characters going at it. And in this scenario, Doctor Doom is the hero (and is going to win–he’ll use some kind of crazy magic).

Loved this one.

-B

Joe Kemp
    Participant

thanos vs joker

I think I bit off more than I could chew this week. I wanted to practice drawing panels so I adapted a page I found online drawn by Joe Madureira (i think it was from wolverine).

I also experimented with some brushes in procreate and shading techniques.

Steel
      Participant

Looks great bro! Joker really did it this time!

Brett Barkley
        Keymaster

Ha! Yeah, Steel, I’m interested to see how this turns out.

Great one, Joe!

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

I’ll leave it open a bit longer, in case Newbold wants to enter.
    -B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Newbold, I was so inspired by your idea, I thought I’d do my take on the battle, in case you didn’t have time to work one up this week (unfinished, since you did post one). Obviously, mine has a different outcome. Ha Ha.

-B

Daniel Puch
    Participant

I couldn’t make it on time, but here’s is my battle. Galactus vs. Mr. Mxyzpltk!

Galactus vs Mxyzpltk

Steel
    Participant

It’s so good to see so many people here in 1 week!

Steel
    Participant

Joe got my vote. I laughed when I saw it, did the Joker have to shoot Thanos in the back of the head?

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Daniel! SO Sorry you missed it, man! I’ll always hold it open later, if you give me a heads-up. And Galactus vs Mxyzpltk! That’s a GREAT idea!

Let me know next time, ok?

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Woah! I’m actually surprised I pulled this one out. When I checked it last night, I didn’t have any votes and it looked like it was down to Steel and Joe. And I was busy all day, so I just looked at it and saw I won. Thanks very much for the votes to everyone who voted for me. And thank you, Steel, for the idea. I had a blast on this challenge.

Tonight while working out I saw a Youtube commercial for Swamp Thing. So the next one will be:
    Four Seasons of Swamp Thing, where you choose a season and try to express that season as reflected in Swamp Thing and his surroundings. I’m really excited for this one!

Thanks again for the votes! And remember guys, if you’re going to be late, just let me know and I’ll keep it open. I want more people participating.

-B

Daniel Puch
      Participant

Thank you Brett!

Anyway I wasn’t sure if I could make it, so that’s why I didn’t say anything. I didn’t want to delay the votes. But, next time I let you know!

Great work everyone!!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.