ART CLASH WEEK 29: HEART OF ICE!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 29: HEART OF ICE!!!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

HEART OF ICE

ART BRIEF:

SUBJECT: The tragic relationship of Mister Freeze and his wife, Nora Fries.
    CONCEPT: Heart of Ice was the third episode of the legendary Batman the Animated Series. It revitalized and redefined the Batman foe, Mister Freeze, as a deeper, tragic character. The above image encapsulates the heart of the character, forever separated from the wife he loves and forever united by the cold. Do your own take on this now classic scene from the episode. ”

Elric is a moody wanderer, a walking contradiction. Sickly and thin, he leaves only death and destruction in his path when wielding Stormbringer, the soul-eating sword he is bonded to. Illustrate an image that captures the essence of this tortured character.
    Good luck!

REFERENCE:
    See above.

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

Dang, Batman the animated series. What an amazing show.

Steel
    Participant

I think this is much better then my first piece. I can’t wait to see what everybody else posts.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

I’m a little behind this morning…which also means Knight is behind, as I haven’t gotten his piece scanned.
    I’ll be posting something today before too late. So, if I get extra time, so do the rest of you.

-B

Knight
    Participant

Steel
      Participant

This is by far the best piece you’ve done.

Dafu
    Participant

Good challenge Brett. Emotion is always a challenge to capture.
    I might add some tones later on, but thats it for now.

Commercial Photography

Steel
      Participant

OH DANG!!! THIS BATTLE JUST CHANGED!!! I was confident, I don’t know anymore. Great work!

Newbold
    Participant

you all have inspired me, i’ve started a sketch

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

Do it, Newbold!
      I’ll leave it open for you.
      -B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Heart of Ice!
    -B

Steel
      Participant

One is stuck in, the other is stuck out. You really nailed it. I can’t wait to see what you do, Newbold!

Newbold
    Participant

freeze

Dafu
    Participant

Here’s the completed version. Some great emotional pieces this week. Going to be hard to choose a favorite.

Commercial Photography

Steel
    Participant

OH MY GOD!!! I don’t know if it’s mentally possible to vote this week! Great work everyone!

Newbold
    Participant

spawn or medieval batman ?

Steel
    Participant

Spawn is an amazing idea! If everybody is okay with it.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Wow! Close one again this week. Dafu and Newbold really brought it. I love it. It inspires me to push more.

Spawn sounds great! With the 300th issue coming up soon, how about we open it up to any iteration of the character?

-B

Steel
    Participant

Okay.

Joe Kemp
    Participant

I was on vacation last week but I couldnt miss out on the chance to draw one of my favorite characters. Here is a quick one

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Joe,
    That’s just beautiful! I’m so sorry you didn’t get to take part in this one. Win another one and suggest Freeze again, man! It wouldn’t bother me at all.

-B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.