ART CLASH WEEK 31: JUDGE DREDD – I AM THE LAW!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 31: JUDGE DREDD – I AM THE LAW!!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Steel 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

JUDGE DREDD
    I AM THE LAW

ART BRIEF: Judge Dredd–Any incarnation.

SUBJECT: Judge Dredd is the living embodiment of cold, uncaring, unshakable law. Show that!

Good luck!

REFERENCE:

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

I did this in about an hour.

Steel
    Participant

I’ve gotta say something. I don’t like my inks. I know whats wrong, I’ll start outlining one part of the body, then I’ll put in the shadows. I thing, if I start inking the hand, then while I’m doing that I also put in the shadows on the hand. When I finish a part then shadow it later, I think I lose the feeling about that part. If I’m making any sense.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Judge Dredd!
    Back to traditional art for me. I’m going to try to do more this way. It felt good and I didn’t wrestle with the the digital inking this time around.
    -B

Knight
    Participant

Dafu
    Participant

Judge Dredd has been on my “to draw” list for a long time.

Commercial Photography

Joe Kemp
    Participant

Steel
    Participant

Great pieces, everyone!

Steel
    Participant

It looks like Dafu won, Congratulations bro! Everyone did a great job this week. So, what’s next?

Dafu
    Participant

I just saw Avengers End game again. So how about draw who you think should be the next big villain in the Marvel cinematic universe?

Steel
    Participant

That’s cool with me. Let’s do it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.