ART CLASH WEEK 32: THE NEXT ULTIMATE VILLAIN FOR THE MCU!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 32: THE NEXT ULTIMATE VILLAIN FOR THE MCU!!!

Whose is the biggest baddie of them all?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Brett
  • #3 Daniel
  • #4 Joe
  • #5 Knight
  • #6 Dafu

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Steel 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

THE NEXT MCU ULTIMATE VILLAIN

ART BRIEF:

SUBJECT: Predict the next major villain.for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    CONCEPT: Chiose any major villain from the Marvel Universe and illustrate them at their baddest, most villainous. This will be the threat for the MCU going forward–make it clear this character is formidable.

Good luck!

REFERENCE:

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week�s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don�t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week�s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we�re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week�s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week�s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It�s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

CAMPAIGN YEAR ONE – ULTRA RARE BADGE!!!  1 OF 1 IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

GUYS! I just found 3d models in Clip Studio! I’m going to use them! And, great challenge, Dafu!

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

CAMPAIGN YEAR ONE – ULTRA RARE BADGE!!!  1 OF 1 IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Marvel’s Carnage. I think they’re already going to make a part 2 for the Venom movie, and it probably has Carnage in it… But that movie isn’t out yet. I had a much better time drawing this time. I used the advantages that Clip Studio offers, like 3d models.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Kang the Conqueror! Done with good old pen and ink.
    -B

Daniel Puch
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

M.O.D.O.K. Flat colors digital art. If I have time I will add lights and shadows. But this is it for now.
    🙂

MODOK

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

That’s awesome, Daniel! What art program did you use?

Daniel Puch
        Participant

My Achievements

I use Clip Studio Paint (It was Manga Studio before). It’s really good and not so expensive.
        Better than Photoshop for working in comics IMO.

Steel
          Participant

My Achievements

I know, I love Clip Studio. I could tell from the hatching in the background. I found some great advice, like the 3d models and much more, from a website. Here’s the link https://tips.clip-studio.com/en-us/official

Daniel Puch
            Participant

My Achievements

Nice! Clip Studio Paint website has a lot of tutorials, they are very helpful.
            The background, I did it with a pencil that I bought from a guy who creates brushes and sells them online. I don’t remember his website but if you are interested I can take a look at home. I am at work right now.
            😛

I really want to do this tutorial, I would like to paint something in that style. Looks cool.
            🙂

https://tips.clip-studio.com/en-us/series/230

Here there’s a tutorial from Dave Gibbons, very cool tutorial

Steel
              Participant

My Achievements

Ya! That looks pretty freaking awesome. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

galactus!

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

I drew this in PHOTO SHOP

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Plus traditional art.

Dafu
    Participant

My Achievements

I went for Galactus as well.

Commercial Photography

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

The poll is open!

I LOVE seeing the new art each week. I just love it.

Good luck, everyone.

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Joe, it looks like you came out on top.this week. Congratulations!

What’s next?

-B

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

I have been wanting to do some TMNT for a while – I like the idea focusing on really expressing the personality of the character(s)
    Mikey – fun loving party dude
    Donnie – super intelligent tinkerer
    raph – gruff and hard headed
    leo – honorable leader

that is just what I associate with the characters – feel free to put your own spin on them.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Sweet, let’s get started!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN!  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.
Skip to toolbar