ART CLASH WEEK 34: CHARACTER TRANSFORMATION!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 34: CHARACTER TRANSFORMATION!!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dafu 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

A CHARACTER’S TRANSFORMATION

ART BRIEF:

SUBJECT: Any character in metamorphosis.
    CONCEPT: This is a challenging one, folks. It’s tough to show movement and process in a static medium like comics art. But give it your best shot!

Good luck!

REFERENCE:

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

The Hulk!
    This was a great challenge…and definitely not without challenge. Great suggestion, Joe!
    -B

Steel
    Participant

From Rogue to Mystique. I was rushed and it showed it.

Joe Kemp
    Participant

Sirius Black from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

this was much more challenging than I expected!

Dafu
    Participant

Frieza from Dragonball changing to his second form.

Commercial Photography

Knight
    Participant

Steel
    Participant

Looks like it’s a tie between Brett and Dafu. Great work everyone! So, what’s next?

Dafu
    Participant

How about Brett and I each pick a character and we draw them fighting or doing something together?

I chose Warlock from the New Mutants.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Wow, I’m surprised there’s a tie. The last checked, Dafu was in the lead.

Dafu, thats a pretty cool idea, but the character you’ve chosen (one of my favorite New Mutants) gave me an idea. What if we take the highly expressionistic art of Bill Sienkiewicz and interpret his version of Warlock in our own style? Dafu, if you want to choose a particular piece we could interpret, I’d be more than happy to set it up. Otherwise, I’ll set it up later this evening.

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

And thanks to whoever voted for me!

-B

Dafu
    Participant

Sounds good Brett. Please set it up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.