ART CLASH WEEK 35: BILL SIENKIEWICZ'S WARLOCK AS INTERPRETED BY YOU!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 35: BILL SIENKIEWICZ'S WARLOCK AS INTERPRETED BY YOU!!!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

BILL SIENKIEWICZ’S WARLOCK AS INTERPRETED BY YOU

ART BRIEF:

SUBJECT: Draw the character from the image above in your style.
    CONCEPT: Bill Sienkiewicz is an artist known for his expressionistic style. It’s a style that, while visually exciting, can be tough to interpret and replicate. Thankfully, you only have to interpret the above image in your style. BUT IT MUST BE THE IMAGE ABOVE!

Good luck!

REFERENCE:

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

HOLY SMOKES! IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!

Steel
    Participant

That was a really cool idea, guys!

Knight
    Participant

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

AWESOME WORK, GUYS!

Warlock!
    -B

Dafu
    Participant

This was fun. Helped loosen up my style.

Commercial Photography

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

I love it, Dafu! I’ve been really enjoying what you’re doing with your style, specifically the blending of the watercolor for the backgrounds. Have you thought about bringing some of that organic watercolor feel to the figures? I really like this piece and how you’re loosening-up your style–maybe it would work in the figures too. Just a thought.

-B

Steel
      Participant

Yes, he’s so right. I could sit here and stare at it for hours and not get bored, seriously. But I would love to see it on the characters.

Dafu
    Participant

Thanks guys. Yea I will definitely try it out. It’s just hard to let go of the line style completely.

Steel
      Participant

completely understood, man. Thank you all for the votes. Great posts, EVERYONE! It looks like a tie between me and Brett. I really like Dafu’s idea with both of us picking a character and having them fight. So if you’re fine with that, then the character I choose is shigaraki from My Hero Academia. If anyone else has any other suggestions, then feel free to let me know.

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

TRUST ME, i know where you’re coming from. It’s just a thought, though. No pressure, Dafu. I’m trying to experiment with some stuff myself.
      I always look forward to seeing whatever you come up with each week.

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Steel, I’ll go with whatever you think this time around. Let me know and I’ll post it up.
    -B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Ok. Steel wants to go with Tomura Shigaraki from My Hero Academia. If anyone has anything they’d want to suggest to amp it up, we can do that. Otherwise, it’s just a cool shot of him. I’ll post it up when I get hone.

-B

Steel
    Participant

I say we could draw Tomura Shigaraki using is quirk.

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

Wow. You really like the challenging ones, don’t you?

Ok, so since Tomura Shigaraki’s quirk, or superpower, is turning people he comes in to contact with in to dust, that’s what we’ll be drawing. I’ll post that up now.

Good luck, everyone!
      -B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.