ART CLASH WEEK 38: ANIME VILLAINS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 38: ANIME VILLAINS!!!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steel 1 year ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

ANIME VILLAIN(S)

ART BRIEF:

SUBJECT: YOUR FAVORITE ANIME/VILLAIN(S).
    CONCEPT: Take this any direction you like and draw as many characters as you like, but make it cool!

Good luck!

REFERENCE:

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Knight
    Participant

Steel
    Participant

Ororchimaru from Nauto on the top right. Genos from One Punch Man in the middle left. And Dabi from My Hero Academia on the bottom right. I had a lot of fun with this one. It only took me about an hour.

Daniel Puch
    Participant

Here is mine!!! Bwwwaaahhahahahaha!!!
    😛

Random Manga Villain

It’s just my creation, not any villain in particular

Steel
      Participant

I love the creativity, bro!

Daniel Puch
        Participant

Thanks Steel, your stuff is really good! You are improving very fast! Keep up the good work!!!
        🙂

Steel
          Participant

Thank you so much, man! I’ve been noticing improvement in everybody lately, honestly. One of my favorite things is to see people grow. You’ve been growing in your art, and that is a great this to see. Keep great work!

Daniel Puch
            Participant

🙂

What happened with the votes? I wanna know what’s next now!!! hahahaha

😛

Steel
              Participant

We’ll get it up soon.

Steel
    Participant

Okay, guys! Sorry for the delay, we’ll get voting up very soon. We took last week off because the birth of another Barkley. But I assure you, we will get the Art Clash back on it’s regular schedule very soon.

Daniel Puch
      Participant

Oh, nice news!!! Congratulations for the new member of the family !!!

🙂

Steel
        Participant

Thank you so much! It’s a little baby boy.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Guys, I am SO, SO sorry about the delay. There was just a crazy amount of things going on, but that’s no excuse. Ok. Here’s mine, unfinished…but the show must go on.
    -B

Knight
    Participant

dad has to deal with a new baby and two projects and just finished one, also he has to deal with A LOT of house stuff so yeah he does not have a lot of time.

Steel
    Participant

Great pieces, Everyone! Knight, I love how Nomu looms over Shigaraki. Daniel, I love the muscles and veins. And just the overall character design. Dad, I love the building design and flowing clothes. There’s also a feel of horror when you look up and see that! Mine… I look at this and regret the character choices. I didn’t realize at the time that Genos wasn’t a villain! I saw all these gifs and pictures of Genos fighting (training) Saitama and thought he was fighting him… whick would mean that Genos is bad. I was wrong. Besides that, I think it was an okay piece. I didn’t like any part of Genos crossing his arms. Everything about his arms felt wrong to me. It didn’t look like him and it wasn’t correctly proportioned.

Great pieces, guys. I can’t wait for next week.

Steel
    Participant

Looks like I won. Thank you all for the votes. Next challenge will be, an intense fighting scene between Saitama and Boros.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Congratulations, Steel!
    I’ll try to figure out what you just said and post that up.
    😉
    -B

Steel
    Participant

These guys, so get ready!!!

Daniel Puch
    Participant

Cool!!!

Steel
    Participant

It’s show time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.