ART CLASH WEEK 40: GRANNY GOODNESS!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 40: GRANNY GOODNESS!!!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Steel 1 year ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

GRANNY GOODNESS

ART BRIEF:

SUBJECT: Granny Goodness.
    CONCEPT: An iconic image of DC Comics’ Granny Goodness!

Good luck!

REFERENCE:

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

This is how Granny Goodness spends her free time.

Knight
    Participant

my granny goodness looked a little young BUT when I was done with it young no more granny goodness!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Granny Goodness!

I really hate my inking…but I’m thinking it’s more about using paper that soaks up the ink…and pens that are nearly dried out. Nonetheless, here you go.
    -B

Dafu
      Participant

What are you using to ink?

Daniel Puch
    Participant

Here is my take on Granny Goodness
    🙂

Granny Goodness

Knight
    Participant

Dafu
    Participant

Having trouble posting image.

View post on imgur.com

[img]https://i.imgur.com/w0wfVdh.jpg[/img]

Steel
      Participant

By the way, that face is amazing!

Dafu
    Participant

[url=https://ibb.co/yS9cwkP][img]https://i.ibb.co/C2c3k98/goodness-1.jpg[/img][/url]

How do I delete my message from this post?

Feel like a noob. haha.

Daniel Puch
      Participant

Just edit it and leave it empty. Maybe Brett can delete it. Not sure, hehehe…

We are all noobs!
      🙂

Steel
      Participant

Yeah, click on edit then delete everything and say something new. Lol, Daniel. I’ve done stuff just like that so many times!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Polls are open!
    Wow, great entries, gang!

-B

Steel
    Participant

The voting has made me aware that Dafu is using hacks. He’s using something that defaults all our votes to himself. I see what’s going, you can’t hide from me for long. 😛 Great work, guys.

Dafu
      Participant

I think is because I spend more time on these recently. This one is about 4 hours.
      How long do u guys usually spend on the sketch challenge?

Well I guess the next one will be from an Inktober prompt word: Misfit.
      Draw any character that fits that word. Or if anyone has a suggestion go for it.

Steel
    Participant

I took about an hour on mine. What about, DESIGN YOUR OWN SUPER HERO AND VILLAIN IN BATTLE! Just a thought.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

It’s Dafu’s world…we just live in it. congratulations again, Dafu!

Guys, I’m so sorry I’m dragging lately. Between projects and everything else in life, I’m really feeling the pinch. I’m working to get a little more time to focus on my weekly Art Sketch challenges. Dafu MUST be taken down!!! 🙂

Misfit is the challenge. I’m thinking there are at least two comic characters named Misfit, if that helps.

-B

Steel
    Participant

Mine is done.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.