ART CLASH WEEK 41: MISFIT!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 41: MISFIT!!!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Puch 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

MISFIT

ART BRIEF:

SUBJECT: Use the word “MISFIT” as inspiration for an illustration.
    CONCEPT: You can go virtually anywhere with this, just use the inspiration word!

Good luck!

REFERENCE:

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

Spider-Boy! Now, I think it would be easier just to copy and paste the back story: The Toad, after a final rejection from his former master, Magneto, attempted suicide. Spider-Man saved him. The Toad then transferred his allegiance to Parker, going so far as to stage an assault on Parker so that he could play hero. In the ensuing chaos, two would-be wannabe heroes, Frog-Man (son of Leap-Frog) and Spider-Boy came to Parker’s aid to prove that they could become Spidey’s sidekicks. Toad, Frog-Man and Spider-Boy realized that they had more in common with each other than with Parker, so they formed a group, the Misfits! The three never appeared together again, so either the team broke up soon after it formed, or their adventures are yet untold.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Ugh.
    Not happy with this one. A character from the British show Misfits. He was invulnerable, thus the Superman t-shirt. Ugh. I actually thought about redoing this entire piece, but no time.

-B

Daniel Puch
    Participant

My silly misfit
    😛

Misfit

Steel
      Participant

I don’t know how, but you nailed the emotion of relaxation in this drawing. This character is relaxed, not a worry in the world. I think it’s in the eyes and mouth.

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

And Daniel, this had better not be a self portrait. 😉
      -B

Scott LeMien
    Participant

Steel
      Participant

Great to have you back! Who is the character?

Daniel Puch
      Participant

Lol… it’s not, but lately I didn’t shave and my beard is growing hahaha… so, maybe there’s some subconscious part of me in it hehehe…

Steel, my idea was to do a kind of “hacker” or someone who doesn’t fit well in society, that’s why I did it like that. A bit of apathy in his face.
      🙂

Knight
    Participant

Knight
    Participant

Kid flash! hehe well I was late.????

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Poll is open! Still trying to get back on schedule…

Welcome back, Scott!

-B

Joe Kemp
    Participant

hey guys – sorry i haven’t been around – I was knocking out inktober and before that i did some likeness practice during September (i drew a harry potter character every day with timelapse videos)

since this was one of the inktober prompts i figured I could post my misfit drawing

Hopefully I will be able to get back into the mix a little bit in the coming weeks – I am planning to do what I am calling Quentin Tarantino-vember where I will draw a Tarantino character every day for November

really awesome art this week

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

Awesome, Joe! Wonderful to have you back, man! Quentin Tarantino-vember??! ha Ha. Sounds great!

-B

Steel
    Participant

Scott WINS! So, what’s next.

Scott LeMien
    Participant

You can pick, Steel. I was going to type something that I planned to do anyway, but why force that on anyone. Plus, I dunno if I’m gonna make an appearance. Thanks!

Steel
      Participant

Okay, thank you, Scott! How about, A majestic image of Raven from DC! If anyone else has another idea, then feel free to tell us.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.