ART CLASH WEEK 44: THE SHADOW!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK 44: THE SHADOW!!!

Whose work casts the longest Shadow?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 Daniel
  • #3 Scott
  • #4 Brett
  • #5 Knight

This topic contains 32 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Knight 5 days, 2 hours ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

THE SHADOW

ART BRIEF:

SUBJECT: Pulp hero, The Shadow!
    CONCEPT: Make this the coolest, moodiest shot of The Shadow you can!
    Good luck!
    REFERENCE:

THE RULES:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Sorry guys internet problems, Steel and I can’t post for a little while.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Guys, I’m not sure what the problem is for you. the site is up and functioning. Let’s work on it together. I’ve done three Shadow pieces while waiting on you, though. Ha Ha
    -B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

CAMPAIGN YEAR ONE – ULTRA RARE BADGE!!!  1 OF 1 IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Sorry guys for not posting in a while. But I’m back.

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

CAMPAIGN YEAR ONE – ULTRA RARE BADGE!!!  1 OF 1 IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

I can’t say I’m supper happy with this one. I had made up that pose for another character who had 2 pistols. I loved it so much that I used it for this as well.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

I’m coming and going to win.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

let’s get this show on the road!

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

oh and, NICE WORK DUDE!!

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Thank you.

Daniel Puch
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

Here is mine! Sorry for the delay!!!
    And Merry Christmas for everyone!!! Enjoy!!!

The Shadow

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Dude, that looks awesome! Merry Christmas!

Daniel Puch
        Participant

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

Thank you Steel!!!
        🙂

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

January 1st is the Art Clash’s birthday. Now it’s 3 years old. Happy birthday, Art Clash!

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

happy birthday art clash!!!!

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Hey, Joe. Happy birthday, Art Clash.

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

The Shadow

The Shadow

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

That looks awesome, Scott! I love the color palette! It reminds me of Cowboy Bebop.

Scott LeMien
        Participant

My Achievements

Thanks, Steel! How’s it going? Is the art clash heading into the past tense?

Steel
          Participant

My Achievements

Not at all, Scott. I’ll do everything in my power to make sure the Art Clash doesn’t die. This is the last week of the Shadow, next week there will be another challenge up and ready. One more thing about your piece, I love the angle. You were able to draw a complicated angle and make it look good. I will admit, a worm’s eye view is hard to draw.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Hey guys. VERY, VERY sorry for the delay. It has been a challenging few months, but I won’t bore everyone with the details. We’re trying to get the show back on track for 2020. I believe Knight is posting something, then we’ll get voting up.

Here are a few of my Shadow pieces I worked up in the interim.

-B

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

I love the background in the last piece.

Brett Barkley
        Keymaster

My Achievements

Thanks, brother! It’s a combination of a Photoshop ink brush I created and a smudge brush…kind of creates the feel of watery ink lines. Maybe you can use the ink brush in Clip Studio? I think I read there is a way to import them. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll hook you up.
        -B

Steel
          Participant

My Achievements

You 100% tricked me with that one. I thought you had painted it!

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

I love the water dripping off his hat.

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

I loved the mood of Knight’s, the dynamics of Steel’s, the likeness of Daniel’s and the tenacity of Brett’s. Multiple pictures and action with a background win my vote.

Which reminds me, if I show up here again I’m gonna try and work lots more stuff I don’t draw well or often enough into it. As it is, I have a vacation coming up where I hope to get to sketch some sea life.

As a sub rule of some future challenge, maybe include the prompt to draw more stuff (or, extra crap) along with the heroes. Shoes. Soda bottles. Electrical wire.

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

late to the party

great work everyone

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

NICE WORK DUDE! Did you see the movie, because I know that scene!

Joe Kemp
        Participant

My Achievements

I have never seen the movie – but i am glad that it sparked something for you.

Steel
          Participant

My Achievements

I love that movie. It has the best soundtrack of any movie I’ve ever seen!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Thanks for the votes, guys. What do you guys think of The Witcher for the next challenge?

Joe, my friend, I’m very sorry you didn’t get included this time around. I loved your Shadow piece. And, Scott, that is an AMAZING angle–it’s the kind of shot I love. I’ll try to have voting set up around Monday/Tuesday…slowly working on getting back on schedule.

-B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

I think we can all agree that “An Iconic Shot of the Mandalorian” should be the next Art Clash.

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Okay.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN!  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.
Skip to toolbar