ART CLASH WEEK WEEK 2: WOLVERINE IN THE SNOW

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ART CLASH WEEK WEEK 2: WOLVERINE IN THE SNOW

Whose Wolverine has the teeth (claws) to win?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 Steel
  • #2 David
  • #3 Scott
  • #4 Knight
  • #5 Brett

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Newbold 5 months ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

WOLVERINE IN THE SNOW

ART BRIEF
    SUBJECT: WOLVERINE IN THE SNOW.

CONCEPT: We’re sticking with the snow and winter theme this week. Illustrate Wolverine in the snow. You may go with any costume iteration of the character, but he needs to be in the snow. Good luck!

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

CAMPAIGN YEAR ONE – ULTRA RARE BADGE!!!  1 OF 1 IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

I’m ready.

Newbold
    Participant

My Achievements

I have a sketch started

Daniel Puch
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED Icon

Bring it on!!!

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

CAMPAIGN YEAR ONE – ULTRA RARE BADGE!!!  1 OF 1 IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

And I have brought it on, my friend. 🙂

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

Towering at 7 feet tall. The new, improved Wolverine stands ready for battle! And he’s at his favorite place in the world… the woods 🙂 . I know this isn’t his real costume (or the crap they slap on him in the movies. You said you wanted poop jokes, Newbold… you got them). This was my own design for Wolverine in the week “ART CLASH WEEK 32: WOLVERINE 2099!!!”. In that piece, he was blind. But he’s younger and stronger!!! I really liked bringing out some older Art Clashes and renewing them. I’ll rate the coloring on this piece a 8/10. The inks will get a 6/10. I can’t wait to see all the entries this week.

Again, showing the roughs. I took some advice Brett gave me. Instead of doing the sleek red lines for my foundation, I went with a more… fluid-free kind of lay out. I really enjoyed it and I think it worked better then last week!

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

I love it steel!

Newbold
    Participant

My Achievements

wolverine

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Oh… my… goodness!!!

Scott LeMien
    Participant

My Achievements

View this post on Instagram

Wolverine in snow. Drew while watching Chiefs win.

A post shared by Scott LeMien (@scottlameany) on

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Good to see you again, Scott. 🙂

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

I just updated my profile and I think it’s the best I’ve had yet!!!

Knight
    Participant

My Achievements

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Wolverine in the snow!
    -B

Steel
      Participant

My Achievements

Thanks! Why didn’t you put this up as the reference instead of that weird picture? LOL

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

I’ll wait a little longer to see if Daniel is going to upload something.

GREAT entries this week!

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Are you kidding?!???!
    Argh.

Anyone have something they want to do for the next challenge?

I’ll start working up critiques ASAP. I posted critiques for last week’s Spider-man challenge, if you haven’t had a chance to check them out yet. There were some great entries this week. Personally, I think mine was really lacking, leaving it as pencils. I’ll change that next time. For me, David and Scott REALLY brought it this week. Steel, I think the only thing holding back yours was the custom Wolverine outfit. Knight, we’re going to keep pushing the fundamentals…getting the forms solid. Great work, everyone.

-B

Scott LeMien
      Participant

My Achievements

Congrats, Brett!

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Who voted for me?!!??

David and Scott got robbed. I mean that. I actually feel bad this week.

Steel just suggested Marvel’s Elektra vs ninjas in the snow. Stays with the theme.

-B

Steel
    Participant

My Achievements

I didn’t know what Wolverine’s costume looks like, and I couldn’t get reference. And at least it wasn’t a tie… so I was right. 😀

Newbold
    Participant

My Achievements

great work!
    I haven’t been in front of my computer for a few days and can’t seem to post from my phone.
    I have a sketch for Elektra vs Ninjas though…
    when’s our deadline for that? tonight?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN!  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.
Skip to toolbar