ARTE CLASH WEEK 8: THE SILVER BULLET!!!

Forums THE ART CLASH 2.0 ARTE CLASH WEEK 8: THE SILVER BULLET!!!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

THE SILVER BULLET

ART BRIEF
    SUBJECT: ILLUSTRATE THE SILVER BULLET IN ACTION

CONCEPT: Illustrate The Silver Bullet in action against a monster of your choice, but we’d really like to see if you go a little weird and create a CHEESE MONSTER. Feel free to interpret that as you’d like. But you MUST bring the action!
    Good luck!

REFERENCE:
    SEE ABOVE.

The Rules:
    THE ART CLASH is a weekly art challenge. Each TUESDAY a new Art Clash challenge will be posted. You may work in ANY MEDIA you like, but you must stick to the brief of this week’s Art Clash. And please, no posting old work in the Art Clash. This is about encouraging growth through work, so we expect a new piece every time.

Your final art will need to be uploaded to an image hosting service (here are a few I recommend: Imgur, Google Photos and Flickr) and then may be posted here ANY time until SUNDAY evening at MIDNIGHT (EST). Voting begins immediately afterward and polls close on MONDAY at MIDNIGHT (EST). So don’t miss out!
    The artist with the most votes for the week by the close of the polls is declared that week’s winner and chooses the next Art Clash.

***A BRIEF NOTE BEFORE WE BEGIN***
    Just a reminder that we’re currently in The Art Clash version 1.1. The primary difference in this iteration is each week’s Art Clash will feature two tiers of competition: sequential and pin-up. Anyone entering can choose to illustrate that week’s challenge in a sequential storytelling form (page templates will be provided here) or as a stand-alone, pin-up-style image. Build and illustrate a story of your own around an Art Clash challenge, or wow your audience with a single powerful image. It’s up to you. We want to foster all levels of creativity here, so this will provide an opportunity for all artists to take their work in whatever direction he or she desires and to whatever degree of finishing.

Scott LeMien
    Participant

Also, Silver Bullet 1-8 tpb is available for me via hoopla, my library’s mobile app for ebooks and comics. You may have similar options.

Steel
    Participant

I just made my own Artist Spotlight!!! So if you want to see me draw a character that you pick, just give the word and I’ll be there. Check it out. 🙂

Scott LeMien
    Participant

Steel
    Participant

Silver Bullet! The peace keeper of the galaxy!

Knight
    Participant

bwood
    Participant

these are looking awesome, thanks for drawing the Silver Bullet!

Steel
      Participant

Thanks, man. The honor was our’s.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

So all my Copic Multiliners are out of ink and I had to do this digitally. I think my Blue Cheese Monster got a little away from me. Ha ha.
    -B

Scott LeMien
      Participant

I’d love to say mine is better than both Bretts, but I’d be lying. So many issues with both of my figures. This one reminds me a bit of Bart Sears Wizard Magazine articles with the chrome treatment.

Newbold
    Participant

silver bullet

not finished just a place holder till I can inks it

Silver Bullet sketchy sketch

Sorry peeps, not gonna get this one finished in time.

Steel
      Participant

Classic.

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

Awesome, Newbold! I’ll leave it open a bit longer to ink it.

-B

bwood
    Participant

these are all sorts of awesome!

Brett Barkley
      Keymaster

I know! I’m really impressed. It’s very cool to see the artistic growth.

Voting is open!

-B

Daniel Puch
    Participant

Great work everyone guys!

I was super busy this week, we have to move to a new apartment and things are going crazy Lol…

But I think next week it will be better again. I hope…

🙂

Steel
      Participant

Well, be safe. And I can’t wait for you to come back.

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

I’m calling this one. Thanks for the votes, guys! I really liked working on this one…though I do think the blue cheese got away from me. and was a little (way) too busy in the background. I really appreciate the votes. I usually have an idea of what I’d like to do ahead of time, but actually didn’t expect to win this time, so just off the top of my head, what do you guys think of Cybernary?

I’m struggling to come up with a Context for the character…something to add a little more challenge. I’ll try to come up with something as I’m setting up the next challenge. I thought drawing a female could be a good change of pace.

Thanks again, guys! I’m really happy so many liked this piece.

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

Argh. Now I’m rethinking it… ha ha. Anyone want to do Battle Angel Alita, or maybe Spawn, since both of those characters are currently generating some interest?

-B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.