Joe Kemp\'s spotlight (critiques requested)

Forums ARTIST SPOTLIGHT Joe Kemp\'s spotlight (critiques requested)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brett Barkley 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

some of my work in progress outside of the art clash

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

FIRST HELPING HAND IconFIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

this is a project i have had a TON of fun with. I adapted a rewrite of the Justice league movie by Nandovmovies (which is awesome check it out )
    I would love to get as much help with the story telling,layout, and overall success of these pages since I am SUPER inexperienced with this.

Joe Kemp
    Participant

My Achievements

there is a monthly contest over at svslearn.com that I decided to enter – this months theme was superstitions

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Joe! I’m finally getting a chance to write you. Sorry for the delay. I’m almost done with my current project, so I’ll write more when 8 can, but this is really solid stuff. I really like where your style is going and how it’s developing. I’ve been really impressed with your growth.

I have some thoughts on page 1. The first two panels are too similar…and I think it is most to do with the foreground crowd and camera angle… In order to mix it up and make the scene progression more visually engaging, what if we zoomed in a bit and raised the camera a bit (while still keeping the security and speaker in the background? Maybe we could better focus on the crowd’s horrified expressions, see the security guards scrambling in the background and in the foreground, maybe we could almost show the scene from Clayface’s perspective, a sludgey hand reaching from off-label to push people aside. This leads in yo panel three, where I think it would work better reversed. Because of the way we read, we interpret left-to-right action as forward-moving, while we read right-to-left action as more defensive, or pushing back.

Just some quick thoughts.

-B

Brett Barkley
    Keymaster

My Achievements

FIRST KILL IconTASTE OF BATTLE IconTHE BATTLE IS JOINED IconWAR FACE Icon

Joe! I’m finally getting a chance to write you. Sorry for the delay. I’m almost done with my current project, so I’ll write more when 8 can, but this is really solid stuff. I really like where your style is going and how it’s developing. I’ve been really impressed with your growth.

I have some thoughts on page 1. The first two panels are too similar…and I think it is most to do with the foreground crowd and camera angle… In order to mix it up and make the scene progression more visually engaging, what if we zoomed in a bit and raised the camera a bit (while still keeping the security and speaker in the background? Maybe we could better focus on the crowd’s horrified expressions, see the security guards scrambling in the background and in the foreground, maybe we could almost show the scene from Clayface’s perspective, a sludgey hand reaching from off-label to push people aside. This leads in yo panel three, where I think it would work better reversed. Because of the way we read, we interpret left-to-right action as forward-moving, while we read right-to-left action as more defensive, or pushing back.

Just some quick thoughts.

-B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.

THE ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN!  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY CURRENT WORK OR PIECES FOR REVIEW, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS.
Skip to toolbar